I love experimenting with gluten free baking! As well as this vanilla cupcake recipe, I also have different recipes for chocolate cupcakes and berry muffins.
- 1c superfine white rice flour
- 1T glutinous rice flour (also marketed as ‘sweet rice flour’)
- 1/2 fine cornmeal (polenta) – use finely milled.
- 1/2c sugar
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3c neutral oil (i.e. Rice Bran Oil)
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- 2/3c water
Allergies: gluten free, dairy free, egg free*, soy free, nut free.
Makes 8-10 cupcakes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the egg (or egg replacer) until fluffy and pour in.
- Add the oil and vanilla. Mix.
- Slowly pour the water in while mixing.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake at 180’C for approx. 25 mins until golden.
- Allow to cool and ice. I used a Blood Orange icing with no artificial colours!
Tip: My current preferred method for cooking cupcakes is to fill a large cake tin with silicon cupcake cases (so that they are touching). This helps them to keep their shape and is super easy to get in and out of the oven.
The icings that I use don’t have any artificial colours, glycerin, additives etc.
- Pink icing (fruity)
- White icing (peppermint)
- Chocolate buttercream (can be dairy free)
- Dust with raw unrefined coconut sugar mid-way through baking.
4 thoughts on “Gluten Free Cupcakes”