Makes two servings @ 10.2 carbs each; if cooking for the family simply scale up the recipe. For keto eaters, this is great served with konjac noodles and green above ground veggies; for gluten free families consider serving with brown basmati rice or wholegrain gf corn chips.
Note: Those on keto can reduce carbs further by making their own spice mix; calculations for this recipe are based on Farrahs Taco Spice Mix.
- 300g beef mince
- dash salt
- 10g taco spice mix
- 1tsp dried onion
- 50g tomato paste
- 80g Philadelphia cream cheese (brick)
- 60g Colby cheese
- Lightly brown mince in a frying pan/skillet.
- Add tomato paste, spices, salt, dried onion and cook for a few more minutes.
- Turn off heat (leave on hot element) and stir in cream cheese + colby cheese.
- If using konjac noodles: rinse them, stir in, and return pan to low heat for a few minutes until noodles are cooked.
Based on 2 servings per recipe; nutritional breakdown is approx:
|Energy||2337.2 kJ (558 kcal)|
|Fat, total||38.9 g|
|– saturated||21.1 g|
|– sugars||5.4 g|
|Dietary Fibre||1.8 g|
2 thoughts on “Easy Cheesy Taco Mince (Keto + Gluten Free!)”
Wow! This looks amazing!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 2 people