Makes 3 servings @ 4.7g carbs each; if cooking for the family simply scale up the recipe to suit. These are very popular with children and adults alike!
- 3 large eggs
- 80g cream cheese (brick)
- 20ml Queen, Sugar Free Maple Flavoured Syrup (or similar)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp butter (salted)
- Whizz the eggs, cream cheese, sugar free syrup, coconut flour, almond flour, and baking powder together until smooth.
- In a non-stick frying pan / skillet, melt a small amount of butter over a medium heat. Pour in some of the mixture and watch until it starts to bubble. Flip and cook on the other side (approx. 30 seconds).
- Transfer to a plate and repeat!
Tip: If you have the time, you can whizz the pancake ingredients (apart from the baking powder) and let the mixture sit in the fridge for 30-60 mins to thicken; then mix in the baking powder just before cooking.
Based on 3 servings per recipe; nutritional breakdown is approx:
Serving Size: 1 Serving
|Energy||1018.9 kJ (243 kcal)|
|Fat, total||20.4 g|
|– saturated||10.3 g|
|– sugars||2.2 g|
|– lactose||0 g|
|– galactose||0 g|
|– starches||1.1 g|
|Dietary Fibre||2.3 g|
Tip: The stated butter is included in the nutritional information; you can of course use more but I find small / medium pancakes cook and flip more easily (whereas excess butter will brown in the pan).
Tip: Although nutritional information is for 3 servings, the recipe makes either 3 medium pancakes or 6 small ones.