This is a versatile flatbread that I like both focaccia style (with cracked salt and fresh rosemary) and pizza style with a blend of cheeses on top.
- 90g ground flaxseed / linseed
- 30g finely ground almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 50g coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Flavours / toppings, i.e. olive oil, rosemary, cracked sea salt
Allergies: gluten free, dairy free, soy free. (can be made nut free by using only flaxseed).
- Prepare your coconut oil. It needs to be very soft / liquid BUT you don’t want it to be hot and cook the eggs. Depending on climate, either let it liquify on the bench or warm it in the microwave (then wait for it too cool).
- Ideally, beat and froth the eggs / coconut oil first but this will work if you simply combine everything and mix vigorously. You can also choose to fold additional ingredients into the base (i.e. rosemary, pizza thyme, sundried tomatoes, olives).
- Allow the mixture to rest. I like to put it in the fridge for 30 minutes but even 5-10 minutes on the bench will see the mixture thicken.
- Shape and bake (and decorate!). I like to cook mine in the air fryer (lined with baking paper). I split my dough and shape into two flat breads. If I’m making focaccia, I rub a little olive oil on the top, sprinkle cracked salt over it, and add fresh rosemary from the garden. I bake each one at 200’C (392’F) for 12-14 mins. Once cooked, I allow them to cool and then cut to serve. You could also make one large focaccia bread and bake in the oven.
Based on 4 servings per recipe; nutritional breakdown is approx:
Serving Size: 1 Serving
|Energy||1381.9 kJ (330 kcal)|
|Fat, total||29.5 g|
|– saturated||12.5 g|
|– sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary Fibre||6.9 g|
One thought on “Focaccia Bread (Keto + Gluten Free)”