This popular Greek dish is traditionally served with pita bread; for a gluten free / keto option, consider serving with linseed focaccia bread or a mezze platter. Shown with: carrots, cherry tomatoes, green beans, cheese, and beef meatballs w. sliced almonds.
- 100g peeled lebanese cucumber
- 250g yoghurt (traditionally thick creamy Greek yoghurt)
- 1/2 – 1 clove of garlic
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Herbs: 1/2 – 1 Tbsp dill or mint.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Decide on what kind of texture you want for your tzatziki; then select and prepare your ingredients.
- Greek yoghurt is traditional, you can use a thinner natural yoghurt.
- Cucumber can be either grated or finely diced. Wrap it in muslin cloth and allow to rest so that any excess water is absorbed.
- Choose your herb: dill, mint, or a combination? Dice the herb finely. Some like to also add a little cumin, parsely, or sumac.
- Garlic can be crushed or finely diced.
- Combine the cucumber, yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, herb, and salt (to taste).
- Rest in fridge for an hour to allow flavours to blend.
- Serve with accompaniments.
Based on 2 servings and using De Winkl natural yoghurt.
| Average Quantity|
|Energy||257.6 kJ (62 kcal)|
|Fat, total||1.9 g|
|– saturated||1 g|