I love these gluten free cheese scones! They are tasty, versatile, great for lunchboxes, and only 4g of carbs per serve! I always make a double batch so I have some to freeze. They are also tasty with homemade butter on them 🙂
- 100g almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 50g grated cheese (I recommend Colby)
- 40g mozzarella (grated)
Allergies: gluten free, soy free, peanut free.
- Preheat oven to 200’C / 390’F. Grease or line a baking tray.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Divide into 4 even amounts. Roughly roll into balls. Place on tray and pat flattish.
- Cook for approx. 12-15 minutes (until golden brown on base). Remove and allow to cool.
- Delicious warm with butter; dipped with soup; or as a side with meat and salad.
Based on 4 servings per recipe; nutritional breakdown is approx:
Serving Size: 1 Serving
|Energy||1087.5 kJ (260 kcal)|
|Fat, total||21.5 g|
|– saturated||5.6 g|
|– sugars||1.5 g|
|Dietary Fibre||2.7 g|