- 250g biscuits
- Gingernuts pair well with feijoa but aren’t necessarily allergy friendly. I used malt biscuits that were soy free so feel free to sub in something that works for you; i.e. you could use gluten free cookies.
- 100g melted butter
- Do melt it; I put butter in straight from the fridge and the crumbs stayed too dry so I had to dash in some rice bran oil.
- Optional: generous pinches of cinnamon and ginger.
- 400g scooped feijoas (after squeezing out excess liquid)
- 1 – 2T lemon juice
- 250g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1c greek yoghurt
- 2T mild liquid honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3tsp powdered gelatin
- 2T boiling water
Allergies: Soy free, gluten free*, egg free, peanut free, tree nut free.
- Lightly butter the sides and base of a 20cm springform cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits very finely. Combine with the butter.
- (I used a food processor.)
- Press biscuit mix onto the base of the pan. Chill.
- Blend the feijoa flesh and lemon juice in a food processor, until smooth. Add the cream cheese, yoghurt, honey, vanilla essence and blend until smooth. Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water and add to the filling. Mix well.
- Pour onto the biscuit base. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.