It continually amazes me how many products contain hidden sources of soy. I wanted to make a peppermint icing but Natural Peppermint Essence at the supermarket contains: Glycerine, Alcohol, Water, Peppermint Oil. That might not sound so bad but our lengthy food allergy journey had me wondering what Glycerine actually is. Research shows it’s sometimes made from animal fat but mostly it’s made from vegetable oil..with soybean oil being extremely likely.
I liked this on the Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes 🙂
- 100% Peppermint herbal tea bag
- Boiling water
- Gluten free icing sugar
- Steep the tea bag in 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Make your cupcakes. (This gives the peppermint time to steep and the water time to cool.)
- Slowly mix the peppermint water into icing sugar.
- Ice your cooled cupcakes. We like them on gluten free Chocolate Cupcakes.
Note: Herbal / fruit teas work to create other flavour icings as well. Check out this naturally pink icing on vanilla Gluten Free cupcakes.
4 thoughts on “How to make allergy free Peppermint icing”