These Gluten Free Pina Colada cookies (UK/USA) are a light fluffy cookie that I don’t think most people realize are gluten free when eating them! They use the Gluten Free Vanilla Cookie recipe as a base but the variations make this a moister cookie (as well as tasting of the sunny tropics). These are very welcome to add a bit of sunshine to a cold winter day and also make a great tropical treat for birthday parties!
- 1/2 cup superfine white rice flour
- 1/2 cup Healtheries Gluten Free Bread Mix
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter or allergy-free spread (i.e. Nuttelex)
- 1 egg (whisked) or egg replacement.
- 2 Tbsp greek yoghurt / coconut yoghurt / coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup pineapple (crushed and drained)
Allergies: gluten free, dairy free*, egg free*, soy free, nut free.
- Cream the ‘butter’ and sugar. Mix in the egg.
- Mix in the rice flour, GF bread mix, baking powder. baking soda, yoghurt, coconut, and pineapple.
- Spoon out onto lightly oiled baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 180’C for approx. 15-20 mins (or until golden brown).
Makes approximately 12 cookies.
I prefer to use guar gum in my recipes and avoid xanthan gum; the latter is artificially derived and is often grown on an allergenic base (such as corn, soy, or wheat).
I like to control the rising agents in my baking so that I can tailor them to each recipe.
Frugality! The Bread Mix can be used to make both Gluten Free Bread and Gluten Free Baking whereas their Baking Mix can only be used for baking.