These Gluten Free vanilla biscuits (UK) / cookies (USA) are a light crunchy cookie that I don’t think most people realize are gluten free when eating them! They’re also the base recipe for variations, like the GF Pina Colada cookie recipe that will be publishing soon!
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp superfine white rice flour
- 1/2 cup Healtheries Gluten Free Bread Mix
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter or allergy-free spread (i.e. Nuttelex)
- 1 egg (whisked) or egg replacement.
- Vanilla Essence
Allergies: gluten free, dairy free*, egg free*, soy free, nut free.
- Cream the ‘butter’ and sugar.
- Mix in the egg and several drops of vanilla essence.
- Mix in the rice flour, GF bread mix, baking powder.
- Spoon out onto lightly oiled baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 180’C for approx. 15-20 mins (or until golden brown).
Makes approximately 12 cookies.
I prefer to use guar gum in my recipes and avoid xanthan gum; the latter is artificially derived and is often grown on an allergenic base (such as corn, soy, or wheat).
I like to control the rising agents in my baking so that I can tailor them to each recipe.
Frugality! The Bread Mix can be used to make both Gluten Free Bread and Gluten Free Baking whereas their Baking Mix can only be used for baking.