This is a versatile recipe that can be used to make moist scrumptious cupcakes, muffins, or mini-cakes.
- 150g grated fresh beetroot
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- 1/4 cup water, rice milk, or cow milk.
- 1 1/2 cup high grade flour
- 3/4c sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 2 tsp hemp seed protein powder
Allergies: dairy free*, soy free, nut free.
- Put oven on to pre-heat to 180’C / 375’F. Grease your muffin tray or springform mini-tins.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sugar into a bowl. Add hemp seed protein powder (if using). Whisk.
- Add the grated beetroot, eggs, and rice bran oil. Mix to combine. It will still look a little dry. Add the water / milk and it should look just right once mixed in.
- Divide the mix amongst your muffin cases etc.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick / sharp knife comes out cleanly from the centre).
Allow to cool and then consider icing CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM ICING (ALLERGY FRIENDLY).