This is such a wonderful recipe free of all the top 8 allergens that is cheap, quick, and easy to make. It’s fantastic to have as a base recipe that can then be served with rice, tortillas, wraps, empanadas, quesadillas, or to make lunchbox pies.
- 400g tin of black beans (rinsed)
- Ham or bacon or pancetta (finely chopped)
- Check ingredients carefully if you have food allergies, such as soy.
- 1 diced brown onion
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- 1T coconut amino acids (or soy sauce).
This is the base recipe; it’s delicious as is or you can vary it as desired by adding mince, diced chicken, chilli, peas & corn, celery, etc.
Allergies: soy free, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, peanut free, tree nut free.
- Brown the onion and garlic in a frying pan.
- Add ham, balsamic vinegar, and coconut amino acids.
- Add black beans.
- Cook until hot. Can be served immediately.
- If you have the time, lower the heat to minimum and slow cook for 20 minutes. This allows the flavours to simmer and the onion to caramelize.
2 thoughts on “Flavourful Black Beans”