- 1 cup apple (peeled, grated)
- 1 cup zucchini / courgette (peeled, grated)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- OR: 2 tsp Orgran egg replacement + 4 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (soft) or 1/2 cup Nutellex
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
Allergies: soy free, dairy free, egg free*.
Note: Consider mixing this up by doing a 1/2 cup apple and 1/2 cup diced peaches.
Tip: Leaving the skin on the zucchini is fine but feel free to peel it if you don’t want any green specks in the muffins.
- Preheat oven to 180’C / 360’F.
- In a food processor, blend the apple, zucchini, vanilla, eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil until smooth. (If you prefer a rougher texture then mixing in a bowl is fine).
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, almond meal, and wheat germ.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 mins (or until a toothpick comes out cleanly).