If you have a child with food allergies then you may find it difficult to source safe versions of products like Nutella. Alternatively, you may have a child attending a nut free kindergarten or school in which case Nutella isn’t permitted (as it contains hazelnuts). If you want to use a treat spread, for school lunches or parties, then this recipe will help you make your own!
- 115g allergy friendly spread like Nuttelex (buttery taste)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 – 5 Tbsp coconut milk
Allergies: gluten free, dairy free*, soy free, egg free, nut free. Vegan*.
- Whip the Nuttelex.
- I like to use the food processsor (with a plastic beating tool rather than the metal cutting one).
- Sift in the cup icing sugar, and cocoa powder. Add the vanilla and 2 Tbsp milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- I like to pulse it slowly in the food processor.
- Mix in more coconut milk, 1 Tbsp at a time, until you have a good thick smooth consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.