This is a great way to use up leftover Butter Beans with Butter & Garlic. Serve it with freshly made bread, rice crackers, pita chips etc.
- Sauteed butter beans with butter (or rice bran oil) & garlic
- Natural greek yoghurt
- Lemon juice (or a pinch or citric acid)
- Optional: fresh herbs like parsley, chives, coriander.
- Optional: for a Moroccan style dip: add 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika, and garnish with dukkah.
Note: Most of the ingredients for the dip have already been included when you cooked the beans; the flavour of the dip will be impacted by which optional extras you cooked with the beans (i.e. leek, shallots etc.)
Allergies: gluten free, soy free, egg free, nut free, dairy free*.
- In a bowl, mix natural greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of lemon juice (or a pinch of citric acid).
- Mash the beans.
- Mix the bean mash into the yoghurt mix.
- The dip is tangy with smokey notes. You can adjust the flavour, if desired, by slowly adding any of the following: lemon juice, olive oil, salt, maple syrup, chilli.
- Just remember that it’s easy to add more of something but much harder to balance if you put too much of something in!
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with freshly made bread, rice crackers, pita chips etc.
Tip: You can fork mash these for a rustic blend or pop everything in a food processor to get it smooth.