These Keto friendly muffins are gluten free, soft, naturally sweet, and contain only 3.3g net carbs per serving! They are lovely served warm from the oven (and can be frozen to use as needed).
- 25g salted butter
- 100g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 80g cream cheese
- 60g fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp lemon peel
Allergies: free from gluten and soy.
Note: These muffins are sugar free and naturally sweetened by the cream cheese and blueberries. If you prefer them sweeter you could add a little Maple Syrup (either natural, or an alternative like ‘Queen Maple Syrup Flavoured Sugar Free’ to maintain the low carbs).
Tip: For a finer consistency, consider ordering finely milled almond flour online.
Based on 6 servings per recipe; nutritional breakdown is approx:
|Energy||874.1 kJ / 209.9 kcal|
|Fat, total||18.8 g|
|– saturated||6.5 g|
|– sugars||2.6 g|
|Dietary Fibre||2.1 g|
- Line or grease a 6-serving muffin tin. Preheat the oven to 180’C / 350’F.
- Melt the butter (I use a large pyrex jug in microwave).
- Stir in the almond meal. Let it stand for 5-10 mins so that it thickens a little.
- Stir in the baking powder, eggs, and cream cheese.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries and lemon peel.
- Spoon into the muffin tin. Bake for 18-22 mins (or until a toothpick comes out clean).