These delicious muffins have protein, calcium, fibre and are delicious served warm with butter or dipped into winter soup.
- 2 eggs (or, 2 tsp Orgran egg replacer + 4 Tbsp water)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/4c wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
Allergies: soy free, egg free*, nut free.
- Start the oven pre-heating to 180’C / 350’F and grease the muffin pans.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add the salt, sugar, and oats.
- Tip: If you prefer a fine texture to your baking, use an electric hand beater to combine. This will help to break the oats into a finer texture (without demolishing them into oat flour).
- Add the wheat bran, wheat germ and cheese. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the muffin mix into the greased muffin trays and pop into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 25-35 mins until the muffins are cooked through (test with a knife or skewer to see that it comes out clean).
- Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack.
These are brilliant served warm with butter and are still lovely for breakfast in the morning. Consider freezing leftovers to heat up as needed.