Making musical maracas
What you need
- Paper plates (small).
- Felts, crayons, paint, stickers etc.
- Wooden beads, sea shells, bells etc.
- Help your children to decorate the outside of the plates (don’t forget to write their names on!).
- Fold the plate in half (like an empanada) and staple along the edges. Leave a gap at the top.
- Hold it upright with the gap at the top. Help your children to drop beads, bells, shells etc. inside their musical instrument; one big toddler sized handful will be about enough.
- Staple up the gap, put on some music, and shake!
Note: This is a great activity to do on a rainy day or with a playgroup. For younger toddlers choose larger items to put inside and play with under supervision only; i.e. keep choking hazards in mind.