Have you ever seen those PinInterest posts where they talk about how easy it is to make your own crayons? They tell the truth! These are a great idea for a special & personalized gift, or as favours in homemade christmas crackers (bonbons), or just because it’s a rainy day!
- Silicon mould tray
- Be careful to choose one that can go in the oven.
- This can be a great way to use up spare crayons or crayon ends.
- Optional: glitter & sparkles!
- Break your crayons into small pieces (i.e. adult thumb nail); you may need to use a knife.
- Pop them into the silicon mould. Have a think about what kind of colours you want (i.e. rainbow? ocean theme with various shades of blue & green?)
- Add sparkles & glitter shapes if you want.
- Bake in the oven at 200’C. Keep a close eye on them as you only need it in there until the crayon has melted into a thick liquid (i.e. you’re not trying to get it to bubble & boil).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Pop out of the moulds and have fun!
Hint: Wondering what to use the silicon mould tray for afterwards? It’ll probably need to get relegated to your arts & crafts box (rather than cooking in the kitchen). The good news is that it’s great for paint!