- Egg (can be gluten free bread)
- Butter (or dairy-free spread)
- Optional: Salt & Pepper to taste. Chopped chives. Grated cheese.
Allergies: soy free, dairy free*, peanut free, tree nut free.
- Butter the bread and cut a rectangular window out of the middle.
- Heat frying pan (or skillet) and pop both pieces of bread in butter side down. Add a little butter into the ‘window’ and wait for it melt.
- Crack an egg into the ‘window’.
- Let it cook until the egg white has firmed up and then flip. Also flip your little cut out bread.
- Cook for a bit longer so the egg white is firm (you may want the yolk runny).
- Serve with any seasonings that you want. The cut out bit of bread is delicious and crunchy and can also be dipped into runny egg yolk.