- All purpose Gluten Free Breading mix
- Remember this stores in the fridge for several months! Alternatively, you can halve all the ingredients if you’d prefer to make up a smaller amount.
- Kumara (sweet potato)
- Emulsifier (choose one of the following)
- Egg (whisked)
- 1/3c coconut milk + 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3c rice milk + 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Neutral oil.
- I like rice bran oil personally and it has the advantage of a high smoke point.
Allergies: soy free, dairy free, gluten free, egg free*, nut free.
- Whisk up your choice of emulsifier in one bowl.
- Pour your breading mix into a second bowl.
- Slice up the kumara into fries.
- Dip each piece of kumara into the wet mix and then coat it in the dry mix.
- Cook in batches in a neutral oil until golden and crisp. This took about 8-10 mins.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a deep fryer; I did a shallow/medium fry in the electric wok! Alternatively, bake in a preheated oven, @ 180’C, until golden and crisp. Turn once during baking. Generally this will take about 20-25 mins.