Thankfully toddlers are not art critics. They take joy in simple pleasures and aren’t going to worry if your arts and crafts skills aren’t going to get you a gallery listing.
You can make a simple spider using:
- Cardboard inner tube
- Scissors or sharp knife
- Pipe cleaners
- Marker pen or felt tips (or buttons or googly eyes).
- Cut your paper tube to size (toilet rolls are a good size but a paper towel roll will need cutting in half or thirds).
- Make eyes. The simplest option is to draw then on but googly eyes are great if you have a packet lying around.
- Make 4 holes on each side of the paper tube (roughly parallel).
- Push 4 pipe cleaners through the parallel holes so they stick out each side. You now have 8 legs!
- Draw a web for your spider or print one out from Worksheet Fun.