Often Multi-grain bread recipes will include things like whole linseed, sunflowers, pumpkin seeds, and these can be a bit rough on a young toddler’s gut. This is especially apparent when they get old enough to inform you ‘Poo! Seeds!’; they can obviously feel it. So, the seeds I’ve used for this bake are gentler and smaller passing through; the wonderful thing about home-made bread is that you can adapt it to suit. I also really like making Ancient Grains bread which is very light and fluffy!
- 325ml water
- 2T + 2 tsp oil (I use rice bran)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2T sugar
- 3c 2T flour
- 2T milk powder
- Baby formula also works.
- 9-12T seeds (I used 3T ground linseed, 3T poppy, 3T sesame).
- 3 tsp bread improver yeast
Allergies: soy free, peanut free, tree nut free.
- Put everything into the breadmaker in order listed. Select Dough only.
- When it finishes, select Dough only again so that it goes through another knockdown/rising cycle.
- Take out dough, knead for a couple of minutes, and place in bread tin. Let it rise while oven heats
- Heat oven to 220’C.
- Bake at 220’C for 10 minutes, then at 180’C for 30 minutes.
- Bread should sound ‘hollow’ if you take it out of the tin and knock on the bottom.